Feel acid in chest, blurry vision. See fitness instructor, don’t know his world–really. See people frowning and going–he doesn’t get me.
I’ll know my target audience if I can tell what clothes they typically wear, where they live, how they’ll respond to 3 questions, where they go for vacation, and how they feel about their lives.
1. Imagine what a U.K. personal trainer wears–look at fashion of the streets and the Virgin/David/Etc. gym members–build an avatar from there
2. Learn about where the highest (and lowest) paid fitness instructors live–develop a mental model of their commute to the gym, how they get to their customers… how do they connect the desired result to the customer’s present state?
3. Determine 3 questions–ask the avatar in my mind them–learn what they’ll say
4. Imagine where a fitness instructor of the U.K. might go on vacation
5. Ask the fitness instructor I’ve imagined how he feels about his life.